18 December 2007

Cricket's My Cup Of Tea

Three weeks ago, the inaugural Steamed Female item concerned the second meeting held by the Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks for a proposed cricket field and mused if this were really a controversial issue. Yesterday, the Baltimore Sun ran a front page article reporting that the field would be contructed, to the tune of $25,000, but that it would be considered temporary.

Look, if I were queen, er, mayor, I'd be on the horn at this very minute, chatting up the Maryland Cricket Club, offering to build them a permanent field next to the highly Victorian and extremely fabulous Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Druid Hill Park. Can you imagine a more perfect setting, for both players and spectators, and also for tea time, a requirement written into the official rules of the game? Let me repeat that - tea time is required.

You may quote me: should Druid Hill Park become a cricket mecca, I will resurrect the Old Waverly History Exchange & Tea Room to run the afternoon tea concession.

No comments: